I have this for breakfast or as a simple healthy pudding.
Berries and Greek Yoghurt
Recipe type: Dessert, Snack, Treat
- 1 portion of yoghurt
- half an apple, grated
- ½ tsp vanilla extract, paste or powder
- your choice of berries
- some flaked almonds and mixed seeds
- Start with a portion of yoghurt. I use Total 0% Greek Yoghurt. Greek yoghurt is great as it tastes really creamy and is higher in protein than natural yogurt.
- Add half an apple, grated and stir in along with ½ tsp vanilla extract, paste or powder.
- Top with your choice of berries. You can also add dried fruit. Chopped dates or dried cranberries are good
- Sprinkle over some flaked almonds and mixed seeds and finish with a dusting of cinnamon. You can add a drizzle of your favourite natural sweetener honey but I have it plain as it's sweet anyway.
Serving size: 1