I like this with sticks of raw veg. For example celery, cucumber, mange tout and pepper.
Recipe type: Dip, Snack, Lunch
- 6 ripe tomatoes
- oilve oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- chilli powder (to taste)
- ½ lemon
- salt and pepper
- Place 6 ripe tomatoes on a baking tray and season and drizzle with oil. I use foil to help with washing up. Add one clove of garlic with it's skin on to the tray
- Roast at 200C for approx 30 mins until they are soft and the skins are splitting
- Place the tomatoes in a jug, remove the skin from the roasted garlic and add this to the jug.
- Add ½ tsp ground cumin, ½ tsp cumin seeds, a little chilli powder (to taste), the juice of half a lemon and salt and pepper
- Blend with a hand blender. Taste and add extra cumin, lemon, chilli or salt if you wish. This is a thin salsa. If you want it chunkier only roast half the tomatoes and chopped the other half in raw