I make a pot of granola every week. It’s a great quick breakfast but so many you buy are loaded with sugar or honey. This has no added sweetener at all. It is sugar free, gluten free and dairy free.
Tasty Sugar Free Granola
Recipe type: Breakfast, Snack
- 200g porridge oats
- a couple of spoons of bran
- 2 eggs
- flaked almonds, pecans and hazelnuts
- 2 tsp of spice
- 1.5 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp each of ground ginger
- Preheat the oven to 180C Weigh 200g porridge oats into a mixing bowl. I also add a couple of spoons of bran for added fibre but that is optional.
- Add two eggs and mix in
- Add the nuts and mix well. I used flaked almonds, pecans and hazelnuts
- Add 2 tsp of spice. I used 1.5 tsp cinnamon and ½ tsp each of ground ginger and nutmeg
- Spread out in a fairly thin layer on a lined baking tray and bake in the oven until the mixture has dried out. This will take around 20 mins depending on your oven. Check and stir it every 5 mins
- Be careful to make sure it doesn't burn and when it has dried out and looks toasty like the photo remove it from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- Stir in your dried fruit. I used cranberries and dates. You can also break up any large lumps of oats
- Store in an air right jar and enjoy daily.
- A great quick breakfast is Greek yoghurt (I use Total 0%) with grated apple stirred in (leave the peel on its good for you!) and topped with a handful of granola. You can also add a few berries