This is more of an assembly job than a recipe, but is perfect for a quick healthy lunch when you’re in a hurry.
Smoked Salmon on Rye
Recipe type: Lunch, Dinner, Snack
- 1 slice of rye bread and slice into two
- cream cheese
- smoked salmon
- Chives or parsley
- ground black pepper
- Take one slice of rye bread and slice into two
- Add a generous layer of cream cheese
- Drape slices of smoked salmon on each. I use the salmon trimmings from the supermarket which are perfect when you don't need full slices as they're much cheaper.
- In the winter I buy bags of frozen herbs for ease. You could easily make your own with plastic zip bags.
- Add freshly ground black pepper to each and serve with a sprinkling of chives or parsley and some lettuce drizzled with rapeseed oil or your favourite dressing. Enjoy!
- You can also make mini versions of these for canapés or alter the filling for example crushed avocado mixed with a little lemon juice and red chilli and topped with shredded roast chicken works well.