I love steak but try to choose leaner proteins the majority of the time. This is great once in a while though!
Healthier Steak Dinner
Recipe type: Dinner, Lunch
- 4 x approx 5oz rib eye steaks
- Olive oil
- salt, pepper
- porcini mushroom powder
- large tomatoes
- large mushrooms
- balsamic vinegar
- 1tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp tomato purée
- 1 tbsp low fat cream cheese
- Start with 4 relatively small steaks. These are about 5oz each. Try to get good quality steak, preferably grass fed. These were from my local butcher and are rib eye.
- Drizzle a little oil on each steak and rub in your seasoning. This is salt, pepper and porcini mushroom powder
- As these are quite thin steaks I grilled them on a very hot grill for about 1-2 mins in each side until they were medium rare
- I also grilled some large tomatoes and mushrooms
- To make a sauce for the steak I added a splash of balsamic vinegar, 1tsp Dijon mustard, 1 tsp tomato purée, 1 tbsp low fat cream cheese and stirred it all together
- The sauce should be well mixed and quite thick
- Serve with green salad and enjoy!
Serving size: 4