A healthier alternative to a cooked breakfast. You could also add some mushrooms to have another vegetable.
Eggs with Oatmeal Tomato
Cuisine: Breakfast, Snack, Lunch
- Good quality dry cure bacon
- 1 can of tomatoes
- tomato purée
- a splash of balsamic
- ½ a stock cube
- 1 crushed clove of garlic
- 1 handful of medium oatmeal
- 1 egg
- Start by grilling some good quality dry cure bacon. This will be the base rather than toast.
- While the bacon cooks put a can of tomatoes in a pan with a squeeze of tomato purée, a splash of balsamic, ½ a stock cube, seasoning and one crushed clove of garlic
- Boil until thick and add a handful of medium oatmeal. Allow to cook for a few minutes and then turn off the heat and leave to thicken. You could also add chopped spinach for another veg
- Poach an egg and serve by layering up the bacon and tomato mixture and topping with the egg and some black pepper.