This is a great, tasty and healthy breakfast and my take on Bircher museli. You need to soak the oats overnight so start the day before you want to eat it.
Recipe type: Breakfast, Treat
- 25g or a small handful of oats per person in a bowl
- non-dairy milk
- bran (optional)
- 1 grated apple
- dried cranberries
- fresh berries
- flaked almonds
- mixed seeds
- Start the night before and place around 25g or a small handful of oats per person in a bowl. Pour over non dairy milk until it just covers the oats.
- I also add a little bran which is a great source if fibre (optional)
- Make sure you read the labels on non dairy milk as many are loaded with sugar or corn syrup. I like unsweetened almond milk
- The next morning the oats will have become soft and soaked up most of the liquid
- Add a grated apple and stir in. Apple is a great source of soluble fibre and I leave the skin on as that's where most of the goodness is.
- Top with your choice of topping I used dried cranberries, fresh berries, flaked almonds and mixed seeds. Enjoy!
- You can vary this method in many ways. Try soaking the oats in different milks, fruit juice or herbal teas and top with anything you fancy, nuts, seeds and fruit. Be inventive!